Help keep children in school with your time.
Volunteering with Community Storehouse gives you so many ways that your time can make the difference in a child’s success in school. Be a part of working directly with the children, or take a role behind the scenes. Whichever you choose, we have opportunities for you to volunteer on your own, work with your family or friends, or even with your company.
At Community Storehouse, we have ongoing volunteer opportunities at our various locations – day in and day out! Here are the hours of operation for our different areas to help all our current volunteers coordinate their volunteer time:
Donation Dock (4640 Keller Hicks Road):
Monday-Saturday 10:00 am-5:00 pm
Upscale Resale (Rt. 377 and Keller Hicks Road):
Monday-Saturday 10:00 am-7:00 pm
Resale Outlet (4640 Keller Hicks Road):
Monday-Saturday 10:00 am-5:00 pm
Sorting Warehouse (4640 Keller Hicks Road):
Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Opportunities are available in the following areas:
Here is a list of our Storehouse locations that we have ongoing opportunities for volunteers at the Storehouse:
- Donation Center and Sorting Warehouse: (4640 Keller Hicks Rd. – 817-741-3341) – Monday – Saturday – 10am-5pm – volunteer opportunities available
- Resale Outlet: (4640 Keller Hicks Rd. – 817-741-3341) Monday – Saturday 10am-5pm and Sunday 12pm-5pm – volunteer opportunities available
- Upscale Resale: (Rt. 377 and Keller Hicks Rd. – 817-741-4167) Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm – volunteer opportunities available
Office: (4640 Keller Hicks Rd – 817-741-3341) – Monday – Thursday – 9am-5pm; Friday – 11am-1pm – 4 hour shifts available – weekly commitment needed. Must be 18 years of age or older.
Food Pantry: (12073 Katy Rd., Suite 605) – Monday -Thursday 10am-4pm – volunteer schedule is full at this time.
Run in the Dark:
Pre-Run Volunteer needs:
- Be a Part of Something Fun for our Run…Kid Zone!! We need 3-5 adults and/or responsible teens willing to help plan, organize, provide supplies, candy/prizes per game for Kid Zone, which will take place at Run in the Dark on Saturday, September 17th, 9800 Hillwood Pkwy, Ft. Worth, 76177 (the northeast corner of I-35 and Heritage Trace).
- Run in the Dark Info Sheet Distribution – volunteers place info sheets on cars in parking lots at local high school football games (Keller, Northwest and Carroll ISD for games the last week of August and first week of September) and run events/soccer games the day of the Run. Here are the dates: Saturday, August 13th: Hand out information and speak about Community Storehouse @ Keller Farmers Market booth. Shifts available between 7:45am and noon; Keller Town Center; Thursday, August 18th: Hand out information and speak about Community Storehouse @ Roanoke Elementary Health & Wellness Fair during Meet the Teacher Night. 4:30pm until 7pm; 1401 Lancelot Dr., Roanoke, TX 76262; Friday, August 19th: Hand out information and speak about Community Storehouse @ Keller Community Fun Fest event hosted by Jim Carter Real Estate. 4pm until 9pm;1727 Keller Pkwy, Keller, TX 76248; Saturday, August 27th: Place Run in the Dark information on car windshields @ Lend A Hand 5K run event. 8am-9am; Bicentennial Park, Southlake, TX 76092; August 19th through September 16th: Place Run in the Dark information on car windshields during Keller ISD football games. Various times.
- Deliver Run T-shirts to participating schools –week of the Run – during school hours – 5-10 volunteers.
- Packet Pick-up and Run Registration at Luke’s Locker in Southlake – 2 volunteers (18 years of age and older) per shift during store hours on Thursday, September 15th. Luke’s Locker is located at 1081 E Southlake Blvd #160, Southlake, TX 76092.
- Office Receptionists – September 16 & 17 – 9am-12:30pm; 12:15pm-4pm – to answer phones and questions concerning Run at our main office – 2 volunteers per 4 hour shift – must be approved Storehouse volunteers.
Day of Run volunteer needs – September 17th:
- Load CS Truck with Run Supplies – 8:00am – 10:00am – 4-5 volunteer – load truck at main office and take to Bluestem Park
- Volunteer Registration – 2:30pm – 10:00pm – 2 shifts – 4-5 people per shift at 2 sign in locations – sign volunteers in and out, give directions, help get volunteers to their assigned job
- Set up Crew – 3:00pm-5:00pm – 25 volunteers – help set up tables, Run signs, garbage barrels, cones, parking signs, etc.
- Parking Attendants – 3:00pm – 11:00pm – 20 volunteers over the age of 18 – assist in helping people find parking
- Water Station set-up – 4:00pm – 3 volunteers – set-up tables and get water supply ready at 3 stations before Run
- Barricade Workers – 5:00pm – 9:00pm – 100+ volunteers – barricade workers must be 16 years of age or older; volunteers 14 and under must be accompanied by parent – responsibilities include keeping runners/walkers on course, cleaning up your area after Run participants go by, helping with traffic if necessary.
- Cheer Squads – 6:00pm-9:00pm – all schools welcome – cheer Run participants at the start line, along the Run route and especially at the finish line! Handout prize to youngest participants of the 1 mile Fun Run
- Grounds crew – 50 volunteers – 6:00pm-9:00pm – patrol all Run areas and keep park, parking lot, and neighborhoods clean of trash – before, during and after Run
- Break down crew – 9:00pm – 11:00pm – 25 volunteers – help take down tents, tables, chairs, assist sponsors with items to their cars, anything that needs to be done to get things back in order
- After Run – Clean Team – 9:00pm-11:30pm – 25 volunteers – volunteers will be cleaning up the sponsors area, run area and Crawford Farms area.
Day after the Run volunteer needs – September 18th:
Sunday Morning Clean Team – 8:00am – 9:30am – 25 volunteers – do one last clean-up of entire Run area – park, parking lot/field, neighborhoods and trails to make sure everything is cleaner than when we arrived!
If you are interested in volunteering in any of these areas, please contact Ellyn Temple, to find out how you can become a Storehouse volunteer.
ALL volunteers are required to have a background check done every 2 years. If it has been over 15 months since you volunteered, you will need to go through our volunteer orientation once again (as per new policies implemented by Community Storehouse Board of Directors in 2015).
Additional volunteer opportunities are posted on Volunteer Match.
Community Storehouse Internship Program
Would you like to make a difference in a child’s life and gain hands on experience? Community Storehouse offers unpaid internship opportunities throughout the year for undergraduate or graduate students in their course of study or interest area.
Internships run year round and we are always willing to work with your schedule. Anyone interested in an internship is welcome to submit an application here.