Please Help Fight Childhood Hunger and Fuel an Appetite for Reading!
The summer months find many of low-income children at risk for food insecurity. With your help, Community Storehouse will bring summer lunch and books to children facing food insecurity. Mobile Meals will be assembled and distributed by volunteers at several feeding sites in June and July. The goal is to reduce the number of children who go without meals in the summer and encourage summer reading. We need your help to feed these children!
Ways you can help:
- Organize a drive and/or donate the following items: INDIVIDUAL PORTIONS of microwavable cups of macaroni and cheese, pasta, Cup of Noodles, Ramen, individual tuna packs and Vienna sausage. Snack items, pudding cups, fruit cups, granola bars, etc. We also need juice boxes, small bottles of water and packets of instant oatmeal. Gently used books for readers ages tot to teen.
- Sponsor a Child: The cost of each Mobile Meal is $4.
– Feed a child for 1 week: $20
– Feed a child for 1 month: $84
– Feed a child for 1 summer: $200
- Individuals, Church groups, School groups, Civic groups, Business Organizations, Adult drivers and dedicated volunteers are needed to assemble, deliver and distribute Mobile Meals.
Email Shanna Holden or call 817-431-3340 to see how you can help!